Friday, December 17, 2010

Vintage Christmas Bulbs and a Small Confession


One of my fun little collections...vintage light bulbs nestled in a bowl with evergreens from my backyard.


I've enjoyed these for years.  In fact, I think I've had them since my oldest was 2 or so.  The picture above is what you see.  The picture below is what happens when oldest son, circa age 3 is "looking" at your favorite Santa bulb and...oops!  Oh well, I glued what I could, forgot about the rest and got over it. 


Life isn't always pretty, but if you are creative, you can make it work even still.  I'm linking up with Debra's Vintage Inspiration Friday Christmas, so when you can, pop on over to her place, and check out all of the great posts put out there for your enjoyment.  And if you look really close, maybe you'll see a glimpse of their reality as well.  Smiles...

Until next time,
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Judy, I know I'm a little like your bulb there. Lot's of flaws and imperfection. Broken, but God has "glued" me back together. Sometimes we have to just put our good side out there and smile.
    What a good mom you are, "get over it" works best in so many things.
    Thanks for a wonderful post.
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little decos Judy!! ~Hugs~ Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ornaments are so cute, flaws and all. I can relate with the curious little fingers. :)
    - susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Judy for popping in to say hello
    and for leaving the sweet comment.
    I'll be back to visit your blog when I can leisurely peruse more of it,
    LoVe the vintage bulbs!
    I've never seen anything like them before,
    and the little broken one will always have a story,
    good thing it is on its back side

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collection of vintage light bulbs, Judy. I didn't even know such a thing existed. You know, in the world of shabby... cracked, chipped, or broken doesn't make a thing less valuable or cherrished. :)
    Happy Holidays!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bowl of precious bulbs. I'd never want to put them away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.